Tuesday, May 17, 2011

36 Weeks!

I'm not sure why buy every picture I took this week I really look like I'm struggling to smile! 

So..... I went to my doctors appointment today and everything is looking pretty good. He said that I have to watch out for preeclampsia because my blood pressure was a little higher than normal. Preeclampsia is a first time baby thing. Your blood pressure just gets really high and the only cure for it is birth. So, if it does get too high we will be inducing labor a little early. He also told me (now, I'm not sure if this will be TMI for the guys but) i'm 50% effaced and 1cm dilated! He said that for a first baby I was very ripe, or farther along than most at 36 weeks. I've been having a lot of contractions which is probably why I'm farther along than 'normal'. Ryan and I also went to our first prepared childbirth class last night. It was kinda boring. They didn't really go over anything that was new or unusual. Everything that they talked about I had heard before or read about. We have one more next Monday and I hope that it covers some more information that I haven't learned about yet. 
The count down for baby walker says 26 DAYS!!!! I can't believe it. That just seems so soon! 

Also, I wanted to show off my 'new' baby bouncer. I registered for this one at babies r' us and they cost about $60. I went to other mothers with Mom and Nicole the other day though and saw this there for only $24!! Can you believe that!? It is they exact one that I wanted, in really good shape, at less than half the price! I was so proud of myself I had to show it off. 




1 comment:

  1. You look great! The home stretch! That is so exciting! Other Mothers is great. I've gotten a lot of great stuff there really cheap. Have fun getting ready for your little guy to get here!

    ReplyDelete